Fundraising for The WAVE emphasizes the power of women supporting each other and giving back to the community! Online fundraising is the most efficient way to fundraise, and it is easy to use our online tools and fundraising tips. The earlier you begin fundraising, the better.
Why fundraise? Because the need for support is great.
• 1 in 4 women and 1 in 9 men will experience domestic violence in their lifetime
• On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 Million women and men.
• 3.3 million children experience domestic violence in the United States each year
• 1 in 3 young people will experience teen dating violence
• Domestic violence is a leading cause of homelessness among women and children in the United States**
START A TEAM at work, with friends or family. Or JOIN an existing Team. Teams can be a mixture of riders, non-riders, and/or volunteers.
Register as an Individual to Ride, Walk, Fundraise, or Volunteer.
When you register, a personal fundraising page will automatically be created for you making it easy to set a goal and email friends, family, co-workers and neighbors.
Fundraising is not as hard as you may think. Consider how quickly funds can add up:
- Contribute to your own fund - $50
- Ask five family members for $25 each - $125
- Ask five friends for $25 each - $125
- Ask five neighbors for $10 each - $50
- Ask five co-workers for $10 each - $50
- Ask your boss to contribute $50 - $50
- Ask a business you frequent regularly for $50 - $50
Just like that, you have raised $500!
Remember, your registration fee applies towards your fundraising goal. For each goal reached, you also earn incentive rewards as our thank you for your extra effort!
The WAVE Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 2011 who mission is to unite women and work to break the cycle of domestic violence through Awareness, Community and Empowerment.
We are Against Violence Everywhere because it can happen to Anyone.
Dollars raised support The WAVE Foundation’s Discover Your Power program. This program is committed to empowering young people through training in relationship violence education, sexual assault awareness and self-defense.
2017 marks the 10th Anniversary of Cycle the WAVE, The WAVE Foundation’s signature fundraising event. Since its inception in 2008, total gross proceeds from Cycle the WAVE Washington have surpassed $1 Million and have been donated to programs addressing the issue of domestic violence.
**Statistics sources sited at thewavefoundation.org